Antara HMPs are the starting point for our Health Navigation service. Every Member receives one as part of the onboarding process. It's how we get to know our Members specific health situation and goals. We believe that through our HMPs we can help every Member, no matter their health status, live a healthier and happier life.
What Is An Antara Health Management Plan (HMP)?
An Antara HMP is a care regimen designed by your Health Navigator in close consultation with your doctors to work over a 6 month period.
Every Antara HMP provides:
- A customized perspective on all your health needs and goals and any elements involved in your care
- A set of measurable goals that, if achieved, will result in better health
- A step by step understanding of what you need to do on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to reach your health goals
- Progress evaluation after 1 month, 3 months, and 6 months - at each stage, we will make adjustments depending on how things go
- Ongoing support - contact us anytime with questions or issues (your Health Navigator will also regularly check in to track how things are going)
- Delivery of personalized health information resources designed to help you achieve your health goals
Who is an HMP for?
- If physical fitness is already a priority for you, Antara can help with training and nutritional support. We'll talk about your fitness goals - like building muscle or improving cardiovascular health - and together craft a step-by-step plan to get you there.
- For those who are not as fit, our HMPs deliver wellness and achievable health goals designed to get you in better shape. Our care team of nurses, doctors, nutritionists and fitness experts deliver guidance, encouragement, and positive support aimed at improving our Members' general fitness and dietary habits.
- Most importantly, Antara Health Management Plans are particularly effective for Members with Chronic Conditions like High Blood Pressure, Diabetes or those suffering from the pain and damage from Osteoarthritis. When it comes to managing these ongoing health conditions, the right long term support can really determine your health outcome and that's exactly what our HMPs deliver.
Antara’s HMPs bring care home to you and allow us to walk with you on your health journey, no matter where that journey starts. Our HMPs make sure that your care is focused, that your progress is measurable, and that you have the tools you need to fully understand, better execute, and ultimately take ownership of your health.
And our results back up our claims: Our HMPs are a big part of how we deliver superior health outcomes for our members.
How Does An Antara Health Management Plan work?
It all starts at the onboarding process. The first thing we do for new Members is schedule a Baseline Evaluation, which is basically a conversation with your Health Navigator.
- During this conversation, we will ask you about your health history, any specific health needs you may have, and your long term health goals
- We will also ask some specific health-related questions and perform some screening for common chronic conditions and other health issues
Your Baseline Evaluation will give us the information we need to work WITH you to craft your Health Management Plan.
Here are the key elements of a typical plan:
Clearly Defined Goals: These are tailored to your specific condition, health needs, and personal situation. Some examples include the reduction of high blood pressure, weight loss targets, blood sugar controls.
Achievable Milestones: These lay out a pathway to accomplishing the above goals. As you engage in care, you and your Health Navigator will be able to effectively monitor your progress and work step by step to improve your health.
Patient Education: An informed patient is a better patient. A big part of your Health Navigator's responsibilities will be making sure you better understand your health needs and how the support you're receiving works. Antara's ongoing health education empowers our Members, and that leads to better results.
Coordinated Support: In order to keep you on the path to better health, your Health Navigator will be there to help you manage things like your medication, understanding exactly how your care works, setting up appointments with your doctors, and coordinating essential additional care, such as:
- Physical Therapists
- Fitness Experts