Here are the most basic precautions everyone should take to protect themselves against the coronavirus and slow its spread.
- Wear a Face Mask
- Avoid crowds
- Wash your hands frequently and routinely - for example every time you walk into a building or home (here's Antara's Hand Washing Guide)
- Avoid Touching Your Face - especially your eyes, nose and mouth whenever you're at any risk of exposure
- Stay two meters from anyone who doesn't live in your household
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces (ie: countertops, light switches, doorknobs, and cabinet handles) at least once per day
- Avoid unnecessary travel
Everyone should also practice some degree of Social Distancing.
- These are steps we can take to increase the physical space between us to slow the spread of the virus.
- For example, don't shake hands or greet with a kiss or a hug. A friendly wave or a bow is much safer for now.
Finally, if you have ANY symptoms or have been exposed to someone with Coronavirus, you should contact the Coronavirus Hotline (+254 729 471 414 or +254 732 353 535 or toll free @ 0800 721 316)
and Self Isolate for 14 days if at all possible.