Going out these days is a little more complicated. But you may still do so as long as you strictly follow Kenya’s Coronavirus rules:
1) When you go out REMEMBER TO WEAR A MASK
- If you do not own a mask (you can also use a scarf or bandana), here is a Guide to Making One
- Remember to wash your masks periodically if you reuse them
2) Do NOT go out during Curfew
3) Maintain Social Distancing: Always try to keep a distance of 2 metres away from other people
4) Share the fun! You can also invite a loved one to walk with you (as long as they wear a mask too!). It's a great way to share the benefits of exercise and spend some quality time together.
Some additional advice:
- Walking is great exercise that gets your heart rate up and engages all your muscle groups.
- Whether you're just starting out or you're a pro at being on the move, always try to treat your walks as physical activity and do your best to (safely!) pick up the pace.
Please check out Antara’s Coronavirus Centre for Kenya-focused resources and tips on how to protect yourself during the pandemic.